We aim to post orders within 1-2 working days as most are handmade to order (unless an item is back-ordered and requires longer to make. See individual items for timescales)
If you need an order urgently then please let us know in the Order Notes (at checkout) and we will advise when it can be posted.
Our standard shipping from the UK is sent with Royal Mail second or first class, and all options require a signature. They cannot be left without a signature but if you miss the parcel, royal mail leave a card so you can collect it from your local sorting office.
STANDARD UK OPTIONS with Royal Mail:-
2nd Class Signed For £4.99 (can take up to one week from despatch)
- 1st Class Signed For £5.99 (usually 1-3 working days after despatch but could take longer)
STANDARD INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:-
We ship with Royal Mail priority which is then passed onto your national mail service i.e USPS for the US etc. Please note that our guide times do not allow for potential Customs delays or traffic/weather delays. Please allow sufficient time when ordering. All times are estimated and should not be taken as a guaranteed timescale.
- EUROPE (NON-EU):- £11.99 can take anything from 5 working days to 7 working days. Occasionally longer depending on your country’s post system.
- USA/CANADA/ASIA £13.99 – Usually around 10 to 14 working days depending on location.
- AUSTRALIA/NZ £14.99 (takes approx 2-3 weeks)
***We must be notified of any returns by e-mail (or letter) PRIOR TO RETURNING within 14 calendar days and the mask(s) returned to us within 14 days after notification. Failure to notify us within these time scales will result in a store credit note rather than a refund or, if you have already returned the mask to us, return of your parcel (subject to a re-shipping fee).
– It is the customer’s responsibility to contact us about items not received within the time period expected. If your item hasn’t arrived, please e-mail us with your order details (copy of the Shipped E-mail would be sufficient) so we can check the tracking for you. If the Post Office have attempted delivery (either by leaving a note or not), you will need to ensure you retrieve the item from them before your event. Items not collected and left for the Post Office to return them without notifying us first, will NOT be eligible for a refund. We will only offer a credit note on such occasions (or return of the item for a postage fee)
How to return
Place the mask carefully back into the box (ensuring it is in the same condition we sent it in) , include your name/address and order details and tape securely. Remove your address paper from the top of the box and you can then use our address sticker which is already on the box as the return one.
**We highly recommend returning via a recorded service but otherwise, please obtain proof of postage should it not arrive as you cannot claim for lost parcels without one via the Post Office**
Refunds are given within 14 days of receiving the returned goods, as per the new Distance Selling Regulations 2014.
– If it’s not suitable – After notifying us of your return (as above), return the mask in the original packaging. A refund of the mask(s) will be given providing it has not been worn and has been handled with care (i.e no make-up marks). Parcels returned after the allotted period or without prior notification will be subject to store credit or returned at your cost.
– If the item is faulty, please advise us via e-mail within 2 days of receipt & we will advise on how to return/exchange. Return in the original box with due care and attention, ensuring the faulty mask reaches us packaged as it was sent.
– If it arrived in a box that was clearly damaged on delivery:- Please check items thoroughly & if there is damage to the contents either:- refuse the parcel before signing (or sign as damaged) and Royal Mail will return it to us direct. If you accept the parcel and then find there is damage afterwards, please inform us by e-mail within 2 days of receipt) and send us photos of the box damage as it arrived and any damage to the contents. We will then require you to return the item to us in the original box so we can claim for compensation. Royal Mail will not give any compensation without the original box so please DON’T THROW AWAY THE PACKAGING. A refund of the items and return postage will be given in these cases, but not until we have received the photos and contents. If the existing box isn’t suitable to return the masks in then please send in a suitable alternative (similar to the original box as a minimum recommended size).
**Under the current long distance selling regulations, all returns are expected to be returned with due care and attention. This means returned in the original packaging where possible (see each section for requirements) and where the original packaging is not possible, a suitable alternative would be expected to ensure the return arrives in the condition it was sent in. If the mask/item is sent back in unsuitable packaging and damage is caused to the item because of this, you may not be liable for a refund and will be expected to claim for the damage cost through the postal service you shipped it with.
Please note: Due to the delicate nature of these products, we would highly recommend that they are handled with clean hands and all make-up is removed prior to trying them on. Taking care this way will ensure any returns are not hindered from being classed as ‘worn’ if they are returned dirty for we cannot re-sell them once they are.
Items that have been altered from an existing product on the website (this includes adding sticks or changing the colour where we wouldn’t normally sell that product with the changes) or a new item made to your personal specification are not liable for a refund and are exempt from the current returns policy.
Further Returns Information:-
*If you have paid for a next day service that hasn’t arrived and you need to return the item, a full refund of the postage will be given on request (please advise when notifying us for returning). However, if the item is kept, we will only refund the difference from our standard 2nd class postal service and not the full amount. This again is on request and is not automatic.
Under the distance selling regulations, you are entitled to a 14 day ‘cooling off’ period (which starts from the delivery date) in which you can confirm you no longer wish to keep our goods. You must inform us of your intentions to return the item within the 14 days or on the 14th day at the latest in writing, either by post or e-mail before posting. Postage for the return must be paid by yourself unless the item is faulty, in which case please return the item via 2nd class recorded postage (unless agreed otherwise). General postage refunds will only be given at our lowest standard rate and does not include our 1st class or Express services (such as Next Day by 9 or 1pm and Saturday delivery).
Please ensure that the item is then returned to us safely within 14 days, and that whilst in your possession, you will take every care and attention to ensure it remains in the same condition as it was delivered to you i.e. in the original packaging (where possible) and unused. Any item returned that is found to be damaged due to inappropriate packing, marked from make-up or mishandling, will not be eligible for a full refund. (this includes screwed up ties from having been worn, smelling of perfume or fragrance etc).
If you receive an item where the box has been visibly damaged upon delivery, please check the contents and if there is any damage, please note this on the form you sign. You then have 48 hours to report the damage to us and have the option of returning the item for a full refund or for the item to be repaired (or replaced if it is one of our regular lines).
Masque Boutique, c/o 11 Clarence Avenue, Cleveleys, Lancashire, UK, FY5 2BG